Islamic International School in Gombak
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Islamic International School in Gombak

Islamic International School in Gombak 2 years, 11 months ago #293

• Domenic
  • Fresh Boarder
Assalamu alaikum

I am looking to enrol my kids (grade 2 and 5) into the IIS Gombak. Is this a good school ? We heard the traffic in KL is bad. We plan to live in Ampang. Will the traffic between Ampang and Gombak be really bad ? How long approximately would it take to travel from Ampang to Gombak and return ?

Does anyone have any suggestions on a good place to live near Gombak but not far from a LRT or Mid valley where I work ?

Wa salam
Domenic

Re:Islamic International School in Gombak 2 years, 11 months ago #295

• Isabelle
  • Administrator
Salaams Domenic

When I first moved here my intention was also to enrol my kids into IIS but when I visited the school I wasn\'t so impressed and heard negative stories from parents who took their children out of that school so I decided against it. That was a few years ago so not sure what it\'s like now as no-one I know in the Muslim expat community sends their children there. So my advice would be to definitely check out the school before you enrol your children to make sure your comfortable with it (or any school you are considering for that matter). For opinions on other Islamic schools you can have a look at this thread in particular: www.salaamexpat.com/malaysia/index.php?o...mp;catid=22&id=6

Most Islamic schools follow the Malaysian holidays so will be closed for the main holiday from mid-November to early January (IIS\' holiday schedule might be different though).

A few families live around the Melawati / Kemensah / Ukay Perdana areas which are quite near Wangsa Maju LRT. I think the commute to Gombak from these areas is fine as they are relatively close to Gombak.

ws
Isabelle

Re:Islamic International School in Gombak 2 years, 11 months ago #296

• Isabelle
  • Administrator
Titiwangsa area could also be an option - there\'s a very nice park there with a lake and it\'s quite close to Gombak (and you should be going against the traffic as Gombak is the opposite way from the city centre). You would need to double-check though as I haven\'t personally tried these routes at rush hour!

Re:Islamic International School in Gombak 2 years, 11 months ago #297

• Domenic
  • Fresh Boarder
Jazak Allah Khairan

I sent an email to ADNI and they replied to my email almost immediately and stated they are not taking anymore students.

IIS did not reply 2 emails I sent. We rang their admin a couple of times from overseas and no one answered. The HR consultant of the company I am working for had to ring many times before they answered the phone. Then they were not very helpful once they answered. I am worried about sending my kids to a school that acts so unprofessionally.

My wife spoke to an ex teacher of IIS. It has turned me off the school a bit.

I was told there is a good international school in KL that teaches Islamic studies and Arabic. Do you know which school this would be ?

Re:Islamic International School in Gombak 2 years, 11 months ago #298

• Isabelle
  • Administrator
Greenview is an Islamic school that follows the British curriculum - students are mostly Malay with a few expat students.

As far as International schools are concerned there is only 1 school I know of which offers Arabic and Islamic studies: http://www.horizonschool.com.my/academic.html. I don\'t know any children who go there so I\'m not sure how good it is.
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by Isabelle.

Re:Islamic International School in Gombak 2 years, 11 months ago #319

• Domenic
  • Fresh Boarder
Assalamu alaikum
Thanks for the info.
I went for a walk around the IIS school looking at the facilities for the primary students. All rooms are airconditioned. They have an indoor swimming pool. The wall had pictures of past swimming champions and awards won. They have a multipurpose hall so assembly does not need to be out in the Sun. A full football field and many science and computer labs. All the paths are covered so a child can be dropped off and walk to their classroom without getting wet. They have a lot of tables and chairs so our child can sit down and eat.

Need to have a car to go to this school though. Not near any public transport.

Re:Islamic International School in Gombak 2 years, 9 months ago #331

Assalam alikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

I have 3 children, I have put them in the IIS this year, not to my expectation level as I have moved them from middle east for the sake of a good education in an Islamic environment, I am still evaluating the situation, they have a new principal in the secondary and she is making changes and her door is open all the time.

The admin section is separate from the school and I have experienced the poor response as well, I had to phone the principal assistant whom is a teacher as well to get full information, and he was very helpful and still mashallah.

There is a school bus service, but now my kids not using it, we live near LRT Gombak,and there is a bus that goes to the UIAM there, the bus drop them just round the corner from the school, but on their way back they take a taxi which cost 7 MYR.

Hope these information would help you, I hoped that I found this site before moving, Qadar Allah and thanks for the admin for their effort.

Re:Islamic International School in Gombak 2 years, 8 months ago #336

• Safiyyah
  • Junior Boarder
I recently became aware of another \'new\' Islamic international school in or near Gombak . Here are the links for it. A friend of mine recently went to take a look at the school for her 4 children & was very happy both with the welcomeness her & her kids experienced as well as the environment of the school.

baseerah.edu.my/?page_id=76

www.facebook.com/pages/Baseerah-International-School-مدرسة-البصيرة-الدولية/207895549229874

Re:Islamic International School in Gombak 2 years, 8 months ago #340

Mashallah.. I have checked the site it seems to have a strong start, I am wondering why I never hear about it before, I really searched a lot, Qadar Allah.

Is there is any information about the fees as there is none about it in the site, also have they classes in the IGCSE level? the pictures show students in the primary level only. I am not in Malaysia to visit the school but I will contact them by email and will ask my family to give it a visit, is there is any feed back about the education level in secondary level, are the teachers qualified enough? do they give care to individual students needs? also are there any native English speakers teachers at least in the English language department, one of the things that my kids are suffering from in their school that there are different accents for English ( Malay, African..) and they suffer in understanding properly sometimes as they are used to the clear English accent.

Any more information from the members would be appreciated.

Re:Islamic International School in Gombak 2 years, 8 months ago #341

• Safiyyah
  • Junior Boarder
Brother Elsayed, from what I hear they opened maybe a yr or less. So still very new. As for the fees, my friend said they are less then ADNI school. As for the english language, the principal is from the UK originally & they follow the UK system. The yr begins from Sept to June.. Please call or email them as I have. No further info, sorry.

Re: Islamic International School in Gombak 2 years, 6 months ago #363

Assalamjalaikum wr wb

Good to know that there is one more international school ie basheera. I think the horizon school is purely secular in a
Preach and does not have Islamic courses.

I would appreciate if some one can update the experience of basheera international school. Web site seems good. But would be happy to get a first hand experience.

Allah hafiz

Mohammed rehan

Re: Islamic International School in Gombak 2 years, 6 months ago #365

Walikum Assalam brother Mohammed,

My kids have moved already to Al-baseerah from the second semester, They were in IIS before, The Islamic environment is better than IIS, They give more care to the Quraan and the Arabic language standard is better, specially for the primary, Also in the secondary the classes are better as they have less students in the classes as it is a new school, 6-10 in each class (grades 8-10) IIS around 27 in the class, that mean more care for academic individual needs, and less teens problems!
The only thing that my children are missing from their old school is the activities, as they had more activities

Re: Islamic International School in Gombak 2 years, 6 months ago #366

Bro Soliman

Thanks for the quick response.

My mail I'd is This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it . Can I have yours as I need more info about this school and also area surrounding it for living.

Allah hafiz

Mohammed
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds

Latest Forum Posts

in Schools by Ummi Aisya, 26-09-14 05:58
in Schools by Fara Jasmine Abdul Jamel, 26-09-14 05:35
in Accommodation by Amelia Zabidi, 04-09-14 07:57
in Schools by Isabelle, 03-09-14 04:51
in Schools by Amelia Zabidi, 02-09-14 06:03